The snaps...

18.12.07

Visiting Santa

It's December 18th and we haven't actually made our trip to visit with Santa Clause to dump our Christmas wants, needs, and wishes on his very soft, red, velvety lap. My kids have their lists in order and they are ready. We actually have plans to visit the big man...on the 22nd of December...cutting it close you might think. The lists seem solid...but I have no expectation that they will or won't stay that way until Saturday.

SO...today on our drive home from ballet class...

Sam (3.5 years old) sees Santa on the corner (major intersection). Santa is holding up a sign that is clearly letting everyone know that he has chosen the local PostalNet store as his prefferred method for all gift delivery this year. Sam, of course, can't read so she assumes that Santa is on the corner simply to wave and "ho, ho, ho" to all the lovely children driving by. She asks me to roll down her window and as I do I can hear:

"Hi Santa!!! Hi Santa!!!! SANTA!!!! I want a Barbie Island Princess Dress up Dress, a Barbie Island Princess Computer, and a Barbie Island Princess Phone. SANTA!!! I WANT A BARBIE ISLAND PRINCESS DRESS UP DRESS, A BARBIE ISLAND PRINCESS COMPUTER, AND A BARBIE ISLAND PRINCESS PHONE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET ME THE MOVIE BECAUSE THE SWITCH WITCH BROUGHT ME THAT. OK? SANTA? BYE SANTA!!!!"

unwavering faith that her Christmas wishes have been delivered. all is right with her world.

pictures to follow!!! :)

1 comment:

just jen said...

oh jennyjennybobenny, your public awaits! i thought if i left you a comment you'd be inspired to add another new something...even if it's what you're currently reading. :)